Email as a Service (EaaS)
The Email as a Service BPA is now available for ordering! Please check http://gsa.gov/eaas for more information.
GSA’s cloud computing-specific EaaS offering is the first of GSA’s integrated Software as a Service (SaaS) Cloud IT Service offerings. The EaaS Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) includes email service, office automation (virtual office), electronic records management, migration services, and integration services.
What is Email as a Service?
- Email Service operated as a utility by a Cloud Provider:
- Billed by the mailbox only for service that is used
- Can be provisioned and de-provisioned rapidly
- Provider supplies and maintains all infrastructure
- Broadly available by any internet-enabled client
Why Email as a Service?
- Effectiveness: Deployment can be faster with cloud services – infrastructure is handled by someone else
- Flexibility: Cloud facilitates integration with other web-based or legacy systems
- Reduced cost: Lower total cost of ownership compared to agency based solutions
Why purchase Email as a Service from GSA?
GSA is establishing a Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) in accordance with FAR 8.405-3
- Simplifies recurring acquisitions of products and services
- Provides an opportunity to negotiate further discounts
- Reduces administrative efforts
- Obtains best value by leveraging buying power
- Provides streamlined ordering procedures
- Allows for quicker turnarounds on orders
- Incorporates terms and conditions consistent with the underlying contract
What are my options?
Procurement Structure - Lots
- The key service offerings are divided into five Lots. Vendors must bid on at least one sub-lot in Lot 1 as well as Lots 4 and 5 to be eligible for award
- Each of the five lots contains four sub-lots: